1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new lawn spray biz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lionlts, Jan 12, 2013.

1. lionlts

lionlts LawnSite Member

hoping to learn. going to be buying truck, sprayer(s), spreader, backpacks. If anyone has recommendations/advice, the help will be much appreciated.

2. DB1209

DB1209 LawnSite Member

Right there with you. on the search for a Truck and equipment now. Good Luck to you. How do you plan to start as far as rig wise?

3. ngibson6

ngibson6 LawnSite Member
    from West TN

This may be a dumb question but are you licensed? Just curious. I knew a guy who went out and bought all the equipment and then realized he had to be licensed.

4. lionlts

lionlts LawnSite Member

I was thinking of getting a former truegreen truck. It would make for a better mobile advertisement and I think it would demand more respect from customers than a pickup that was turned into a spray rig. Although now im considering a chevy or gmc 2500. or perhaps a f-250(long-bed of course). If i go that route i figure a 300 gallon split tank(200/100) will serve me well the first year or two.
    What's your plan?

5. lionlts

lionlts LawnSite Member

Actually in Tennessee the proper question would be have I been approved for a charter. You can have a license and still not be able to run your own business. I appreciate the TDOA and all they do so yes, I am legal.