New LawnSite Give Away by W.E. Chapps

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, May 6, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

It is time for another LawnSite give away. This month Jim Carter and the folks at W.E. Chapps have offered up a great new product they have for the give away. The message below is directly from Jim.
    ==============================================

We appreciate what Lawnsite and the members have done for the Lawn Maintenance and Landscape Industry and want to give something back to the LS community. We also want to make everyone aware of our products and have our website be more interactive. One thing we have done is added a link on the home page for you to send us photos of you, your crew, or your equipment with a W.E. product included. You can get that started today by sending your photos to safety@wechapps.com.

The Lawnsite giveaway will be for one of our new products for 2005 - The W.E. Z/Top, a new style of sun canopy that tips back and out of your way for the ROPS Bar on Zero Turn Mowers. If you do not have any ROPS on your mowers, then you can choose the products of your choice up to $199.95. Here is a direct link to the W.E. Z/Top ... http://www.wechapps.com/home/Misc_Chapps/W_E__Z-Top/w_e__z-top.html

The question is this: If you have ever used one of our W.E. products, how did it work for you, any experiences that you had in the field that we all would be interested in, and what changes or modifications would you do to the product? If you haven't tried one of our W.E. products and want to be in the giveaway, go to our website and find a product that has not been mentioned in any of the responses to date.

We hope that the Spring has started out strong for you and that you have a safe and successful season. And remember, W.E. can help you cut it!"
    ---
    Jim Carter
    W.E.Chapps, Inc.
    800-816-2427
    Fax: 386-767-2200
    http://www.wechapps.com
    ===========================================

2. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I went all through last season thinking about ordering the chaps but kept procrastinating and did not do it. This year however I vowed to have them ordered before the start of the season and kept my word. I recently ordered the Full Strap Chaps and the Exmark Jumbo Debris Bag. The order was very quickly received and I immediately put both pieces to work. The chaps quickly paid for themselves as now I no longer pull off shoes filled with grass, throw away socks stained green nor do I ruin a good pair of pants from all of the grass and so forth being thrown all over my legs. My wife probably appreciates them as much as I do. Now I can meet my wife for lunch after a mornings work and look presentable when I go into a restaurant. Two other great benefits is that I think they add a sense of professionalism to my appearance and they definitely provide a much needed safety barrier when trimming. As for the jumbo bag, well I no longer use recycled plastic bags from the grocery store. I can cover several properties some being commercial before having to empty the bag. Both items have earned a permanent place in my operation. Thanks W.E. for two well made products that really work.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I run all Wrights, so no need for an entry from me. I just wanted to let you know we have been using your products for 5 years, and have never had any issues with anything. The leg chaps are great, engine covers are very well made, and the debris bags are practically indestrcutible. Even at 70 MPH down the highway, they have never ripped or torn. I always buy direct from the booth at EXPO each year, and look for it each year. One product I would be interested in purchasing is a fitted cover for our hydroseeder. Not just the engine cover, but a full cover...

4. orangejbird

orangejbird LawnSite Member

I don't have any of your products. . . Yet! I've seen lots of good feedback on your products. I like the idea of a fold up top. I have a Snapper Turf cruiser w/o a ROPS. One will be ordered because I need the safety factor on my hillier jobs. (And i'd like to try a W.E.Z-top)
    The snapper ROPS goes further over the driver than the Exmark doesOn your website the photos with the W.E. Z-Top on the Lazer Z, I'd like to see the front portion cover further ahead for more coverage.(for that model)

5. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Impactlandscaping,

If you can send a picture of your hydroseeder with the dimensions we will check if any of the covers we have will fit. We make some odd sizes that are not shown on the website.
    Also want to add that W.E. appreciate your comments on Lawnsite about our products. You help explain to the user what the products are capable of doing and how they stand up to the day to day effort that is needed for this line of demanding work from the commercial landscaper point of view. W.E. don't get to Thank everyone that has spread the word about us and our products but this is a good opportunity to let you know. Thanks!