New LawnSite Logo at top of screen...??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Nov 12, 2003.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Am I the only one that doesn't like the new logo?

Not that its bad, but the old Black on White seemed easier on the eyes. The new one just seems like its been overdone a bit with the gold shading and overtone.

Just wondering if anyone noticed.

Here is the old one...

lawnsite2.gif

2. I was just thinking maybe i needed to go to the eye doctor, glad its not me then.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I noticed it a couple of days ago. I kinda like it but like you said it plays with the eyes a little. I think it needs to be against a darker background if using a yellow. I also think that the placement of the yellow should be consistent throughout.. like at the bottom-left of the "underline" and the bottom of ".com"

This would keep it from running together or blending.

4. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Sean had Chuck change it becasue the edges were jagged and pixely. So theyre trying a different one.

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

The edges still look jagged. I'm with TLS on this one...the old was better.

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

Its hard for them NOT to be that way, unless they make it a .jpg or something besides a transparent background .gif logo. The merge between the green background and the transparent logo is where it collides.

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

I also talked to Sean about putting NEW smilies in. He said he thought it was a good idea, and he would talk to Chuck about it.