New Lazer Caster Wheel/Tire, retrofitable?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TLS, Jun 14, 2004.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The newer Lazer caster wheels have new pre-load set bearings.

Are these able to fit existing (pre 2004) caster yokes?

How about the new no-Flat combo's?

What would be the P/N for these assemblies.

I may be looking to get my smooth ride back and go to a regular "air filled" tire in lieu of my Zero-Flats. Would need a full wheel/Tire combo.

Any factory feed back on your no-Flat semi Pneumatic casters on the Lazers? Ride?

Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

TLS,

The new wheel/bearing assembly complete with pneumatic tire is p/n 103-5188.

The new wheel/bearing assembly with the semi-pneumatic tire will not be available as a retro-fit for at least another 30 days.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Terry,I just did old style caster tires, bearings and seals I think it cost me just over 100 dollars for both. How does that compare to the price of converting to the Noflat tires?
    Thanks Jack

4. Lodi Lawn

Lodi Lawn LawnSite Member

On 5-8-04 I bought 2 assy's from my dealer Part Number 103-3799 to go on one of my older 26 efi Lazers. I was tired of fixing flats. I asked for the semi-pneumatic, pre-load set, like what came on my new 28 efi lazer which I picked up in April. What did I get? They bolted right on my older caster yoke. Thanks

5. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Lodi, cool easy swap. What did the conversion cost?

6. eXmark

Jackman,

The pneumatic tires run $96.50 a piece. The semi-pneumatics run $112.70 each.

Lodi - you did get the new semi-pneumatic wheel/tire assy.

There are a few replacement semi-pneumatic wheel/tire assemblies out there however we won't have enough quantity to fill retro-fit orders until the end of the month.

Thanks

Terry

7. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Terry, that price you have for the pneumatic tires must be for a complete assyembly (or maybe my dealer is extra reasonble) because I just bought 2 tires 2 weeks ago for 35 each and I bought the bearings and seals last fall for around 10 or 15 dollars per side

Jack

8. eXmark

Jackman,

You are correct. The prices I posted are for the tires, new styel wheels, bearings spacers, locking preload assembly, mounting bolt and dust covers. All you need to do is bolt'm on.

Terry