New Lazer HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MTR, Jan 11, 2006.

1. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Just wondering, has anyone tried out or tested the new Lazer hp with triton deck? It is kind of awkward that you so used to 48", 52" deck, and now 46" and 50" !. How is the cut and quality of build? I have not seen one in my dealer floor, all the rest are still 05 hp.

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

At the current weight of it I wondered what the point of an "hp" model even is anymore. The "small" 46" is 1080 lbs plus rider. I see the beefed up deeper decks came with a weight price. But I guess they're "compact" only in relation to the full size lazers. Some of the even just medium sized lazers are over 1300 lbs.

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

a compact rider weighing over 1000 lbs? wow.
    Has anyone tried out? I have not even seen them physically. All I know the price is like full-size rider!!!

4. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I don't see much of a correlation between price and size when we're talking about a fully loaded commercial mower. It still has to have every part the full size has. The smaller (HP) mower is more productive in the smaller properties. Thats what they are designed for. A full size mower just won't work, however the HP, being a solid machine, can still get the job done on larger properties. I do agree that you can make them too heavy though. I have not tried the triton yet, so I am not sure if they have reached that point w/ the HP. If you want cheaper and lighter, exmark has that too.

5. DeSotoLawns.com

DeSotoLawns.com LawnSite Member

I just bought a new 06 HP with the 46 inch triton deck. The new deck looks great the discharge deflector is made of heavy black plastic with the exmark logo in it instead of the traditional sheet metal, and the deck is deeper than the tri-advantage decks. Since the grass is still dormant it is hard to tell the qaulity of the cut, but like a kid with a new toy I had to get out and cut with it. I can't wait to see how it looks this growing season, it is supposed to provide a quality cut even above the superior exmark reputation.

6. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if there will be less blow out on the front / right side of deck. In in the fall when baggen my tri vantage deck looks like im not catching with all the blow out.
    It seems that if you want a well built mower witch the hp is. It's going to have soom weight to it no matter what brand you go with.