New Lazer - sits on trailer while i use WB :(

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Jun 24, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I recently purchase a new Exmark Lazer Z advantage series 52" ultracut deck. The front tires held air for about 2 weeks before one just went flat. I put air in it and it has been fine until yesterday. I took it off my trailer and then noticed it was flat again. This was the first time I had used it since last Saturday. I ended up using "old faithfull" (36 WB) on the yard I was at. I went to get air between jobs and it was flat before I got to the next yard, CURSES! Used the 36 again. Man, does it stink cutting with a 36 WB while I'm looking at a Lazer with 55 hrs on it on my trailer with a flat tire. For some reason this is one of the only models still using pnuematic tires - what's up with that.
  2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

55 hours on it maybe you have a bent rim.
  3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Get some "Slime" and be done with it.

4. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I was going to buy semi-pnuematic tires but they are a little steep. I shouldn't have a bent rim, I've only used this on residential lawns and have not hit anything with it. Unless it was bent from day one. But wouldn't i see it wobble?
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Can always try that to,it has saved me many of times.
  6. blkberry

blkberry LawnSite Member

Put tubes AND slime in all front tires!!! No more probs. Some smaller rear tires can benefit as well, i.e. stander tires :angry:
  7. turfmgr

turfmgr LawnSite Member

take it to a tire shop and have them foam-fill it. or just order some no-flats from j-thomas...
  8. Troyer

Troyer LawnSite Member
    from CT

Fix the tires and you will be happy. For me the airless tire ripped and destroyed the turf when you turned around or backed up. Plus the ride was harsh. Get on with the fix and get using the mower. You will be amazed at the productivity. Have fun
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thorns or nails?

That's about all that will flatten a caster tire.

Soap up the tire, find the leak and plug it.

I don't think that Exmark factory slimes the AS Lazers like they do on all their other Lazers.
  10. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Well get the tire fixed. :dizzy:
    I put Green Slime in my tires. Haven't had a flat in 3 years.