New Lazer Z 31hp 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thunderbolt, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt LawnSite Member

Thinking about buying a 07 Lazer Z with the 31hp Briggs 60" deck, has any body tride this combo out? I have a 06 lazer Z with a 27hp kohler 60" deck great combo. Just wondering if the briggs was a good engine:drinkup:

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think it would be a good combo for heavy use. Everyone seems to like the big block Briggs. Did you have any trouble with the Triton deck in those Indiana grasses? Did you get the update kit for your deck?

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The 31hp Vanguard is a power house. Trouble free in 800 hours.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Vanguards are top,run for 10 + years.

5. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt LawnSite Member

yes my deck has the upgrade. I have not used it yet with the upgrade. the only trouble I had with the triton was with heavy wet grass, about the same with the ultra cut

6. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

this is a great combo I have a 31 with a 66 inch deck and there is plenty of power they are great mowers and easy to do maintenance.

7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Am I crazy or are the Vangaurds made by Mitsubishi? I pulled a generator out of a barn today that had a Vangaurd in it. Under the "Vangaurd" decal it had "by Mitsubishi"
    I was like: what the heck?

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think these are made by or with the help of Daihatsu® . I'm not sure. They are superior to the old Briggs engines that you are probably thinking of.

9. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I too have an 06 Exmark with 60" deck and 27 hp, and I am trading up my old Toro for the 60" 31hp Vanguard in part because of all the positive response on this site.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The old one's i have are stamped made in japen on the block with high end carbs.