1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new lazer Z, How to lift for service??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gilatplc, Aug 21, 2006.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

So I purchased A new lazer Z HP with triton deck and I when to lift the mower with my service jack and could not find a place to lift it from??

Any suggestion's??
  2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, buy a jungle jack. They are a life saver...makes changing blades a snap...They are like $150...
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Just run your right side caster tire up the left edge of your trailer gate.

If you approach your gate from a 45 degree angle and do this, you may even be able to get an impact on the discharge blade bolt.

Safe, easy, and $150 cheaper!
  4. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I use to jack the deck up to the mower body and lift the mower but that was the grasshopper,
    I cant really do the trailer idea except for out in the field (which I already do) I live on a dirt road, I use the small drive way I have (which isn't big enough for the trailer) to jack the mower up
    I'll look in to the jungle jack but thats as expensive as the jack I purchased $200.
    So no one has anyway to lift the mower with just a service jack??
  5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The front of the deck isnt strong enough to just stick a floor jack under it? I dont know what the deck looks like either. I put the jack between the 2 middle scalp wheels and up it goes.
  6. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jack sucks...it only gives 16 inches of clearance...good for a wb. I first bought one of these and went out to my trailer to try it out BEFORE I took it home. It wouldn't work for my mowers & impact that I have.
    THEN, I bought a Wack Jack from J-Thomas for around $150 or so. It gives 23 inches of clearance...and since I bought the more powerful DeWalt cordless impact (300ft/lbs), it makes changing blades a breeze even in the field!
  7. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I just use a set of car ramps.
  8. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I drive mine up on a set of inexpensive car ramps you can get at Murrays or Oreilly or wherever.

9. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Jungle Jack and a Snap-on 1/2" impact gun to take the blades off of a 60" lazer with the ultra cut deck. I don't know if the triton deck would be that different. I've never had a problem using the JJ. It also works good for cleaning the bottom of the deck when youv'e been cutting wet, sticky grass.
  10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Why doesn't Exmark just offer the Z-Stand like Toro does.

After all aren't Exmark and Toro really the same company made on the same assembly line?