New Lazer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Mar 27, 2004.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

WOW!, I picked up my LAZER Z AS today, and it is an awesome machine!!!!!, This is my first time driving a ztr, so I need to practice, how long do you guys think it should take for me to get the hang of it??? How long did it take you?
  2. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

not to long, depends on how fast you learn, hardly anytime at all for me.
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Took about 3 minutes for mine. I still tear up some grass every once in a while, but I can't seem to slow down. lol Just a bad habit of mine, going too fast.
  4. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on my 3rd Lazer and I'm still trying to get the hang of it.
  5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got my new z turn and am having problems with tearing up grass. Although i have only been on it once, i am needing some pointers on how to not tear up the grass at all.. Dealer said to make sure the one tire is going backwards while the other spins forewards. Any pointers?
  6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Try 3 point turns. Foward, back, and foward again....this will minimize grass destruction..then eventually you'll start making quick and light zero turns!
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Welcome to the club!!!!!

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

Hey Green Machine, I just got my first 48" wb exmark metro, and i was having the same problem, tearing up the grass, especially when I make my turns, would you guy suggest the same thing for me? in regards to making the 3 point turns?
  9. The Good Earth

The Good Earth LawnSite Member

I sat in on a meeting a couple of weeks ago with an Exmark rep from the factory and our local rep. We were discussing the chains that control the adjustment on the deck and how it seemed that the chains created more slack as time went on. The rep advised us that you gain about 1/4" of slack per year in the chains. For example, if you are mowing the first year at 3" at some point in the next year that 3" mark is actually 2.75". We kind of looked at one another and shook our heads.

Now it gets good. We asked if there was something that we could do to remedy this. He tells us to mount new decals each year on the pin holes so the employees don't get confused. I was in awe over that. So I asked him if the mower shouldn't mow at the proper height over the life of the mower. He tells me that the mower is set at the factory, what else should they do. So I tell him that is great, but we aren't mowing at your factory.

That was it for me. I honestly believed that Exmark was the Cadillac of mowers. After my conversation with the reps I gotta believe that they are Yugos with Caddie stickers on them.

I don't know what I am going to buy next, but I can surely tell you what I am not buying.
  10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

That's funny. I bought my Lazer from a friend, almost 4 years old, 1500+ hours, still cuts the same as it did the day he bought it new. He's used the same height settings as always, and so do I. Perfect.