1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New LCO. in Florida........

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by m.mlawns, Feb 6, 2009.

1. m.mlawns

m.mlawns LawnSite Member

Hey Guys, I am a firefighter/paramedic in Florida just starting my businees. I have experience working for several years with a friend of mine's lawn company and have really learned alot and want to venture out on my own. With my work schedule I can still schedule and work full time in this industry and of course there is plenty of work out there in Florida. I have done all my homework and set everything up legal. I officially started in November and have picked up five monthly residential accounts and one Commercial Bank contract servicing three seperate branches.

I have read alot of your post's over the last several months and have also learned alot from you guys. I already had all my commercial equipment that I had bought several years ago just to service my yard. Other than advertising and operating exspenses I have no overhead. Which has made it easier!!!!!

Glad to meet everyone and I hope to talk to you guy's soon!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite. Good luck in '09!
  3. John Furey

John Furey LawnSite Member

good luck been lawncare 18 years
  4. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck you you! I work in Central Florida as well and there is plenty of business here!
  5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like you've gotten off to a good start !! I'm sure you'll be successful as an LCO.
  6. DarkLotus

DarkLotus LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I wish the same could be said about South Florida/Miami :shrug: