New LCO in Oakland Co Michigan

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by flykelley, Feb 17, 2008.

1. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

Hi Guys
    I am buying some contracts from a LCO who is retiring here in Northern Oakland Co. I have been in the snow end of the business for 4 years now and now will be going into the LCO. I plan to start slow and build the business like I did the snow end. I will be buying a new Exmark rider in the next couple of weeks along with a enclosed trailer. A couple of quick questions for you guys.
    1- How or what do you use to secure the mower in a enclosed trailer?

2- What rack do you like best to store trimmers and blowers?

3- How do you secure your gas cans in a trailer?

I do carry liability ins on both ends of the business and also comercial truck ins. I want to do this the correct way and control my companys growth. Any tips or leads for jobs here in Northern Oakland Co would be great. I post alot over on Plowsite so most of you guys would have seen me post over there. Looking foward to hearing from you guys.

Regards Mike
  2. YoungGun

YoungGun LawnSite Member

Hey Mike... Im also in oakland County MI baby....
    your local mower shop will have lots of racks if your going all new i would recommend the nice Rackem racks they have it all racks for gas, blowers, trimmer,edger, lstringer line, and all the other stuff. Any other questions Im in the area so i can relate feel free to email me at
  3. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

Thanks Young Gun
    Im sure there will be more questions.

Regards Mike