New LCO in Ohio (need advice)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wormburner, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wormburner

wormburner LawnSite Member

I need to know if I need any other legal documents to start my LCO.I have applied for my name registration through the state(waiting for it for three weeks now).Once I have my name registration I can fill out the SS-4 form for my tax I.D. or E.I.N.Is there anything else I need?and do I need to fill out a
    D.B.A. with my county? Thanks for the help. :help:

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

state vendors licence, you have to collect sales tax if your income is greater than 5000. lawn care is taxable

3. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

4. wormburner

Thanks for the web info.But when I downloaded the info. it gave me a Venders License application and a Service Vendors License application which Application do I need?

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

service vendors application
    glad you found what you needed. Good luck!

6. wormburner

Thanks Lawnbrother that's what I thought.

7. wormburner

Also does anyone know if I can use my Business name on fliers and ads without getting a confirmation back from the state yet?(still waiting been 3 weeks now)

8. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do you want to take that chance? I can understand you wanting to get your flyers out there, but you're gonna feel pretty stupid if you put out a bunch of them with the name you've chosen and then find out you have to change the name.

9. wormburner

Yeah that was kinda what I was thinking also but there is a state website that you can search for availability on names and the one i picked showed it was available but I think I'll wait.Does anyone know how long it takes to get anything back from the state so I can get started?

10. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

If you mailed in the form with your name then just call the secretary of state and see if they can tell you if it was approved or not. When I registered my name I don't think it took more than amonth to get approval back from them.