1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Lcos

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare, Jan 7, 2002.

1. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

If you get out early in the summer like me when you see the advertisments for lawn service on 1 of your regular's mailbox do you throw them away Like me. Or do u leave there.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

On one of my customers?? YES. I consider it picking up the trash.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I never noticed any, but if I did, I would leave them there. It is not my property and really none of my business. Call me crazy, but I invite competition. Competition drives people beyond their own expectations. Drives a person to become more knowledgeable, resourceful and just more professional. Also, if it's not yours, don't touch it.

MATT

4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I do pick it up. I consider it my business. If the flyer is on a property I am servicing, I feel I have an obligation to my business and the people who depend on me and my business to maintain my customers base. I also save the flyer and add it to a yearly collection to see what the guys are offering and what theyre doing right in their flyers. I must assume the guy who put the flyer out did not know it was being commercialy maintained. I would think it persumptive, vein, rude, and a down right adverserial act to solicit without inventation.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

The mailbox is not your property so I do as you, do not touch. I did have a LCO leave a flyer in the paperbox while I was in the front mowing, I called and expressed my feelings on him doing this.

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

If the yard sucks or the client is a pain in the a$$ I won't touch the flyers. Interesting flyer I saw was 2 college students eager to work etc.... What happens when they graduate??? I once come home to find a flyer in my own mailbox!!! I couldn't blame them for sticking one in my box since I mow my own yard every 6 weeks whether it needs it or not and my yard was a week overdue

LAWNS AND MOWER

7. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

How would a LCO have the guts to solicit while mowing the front.WOW I never have had a situation like this. I did have a truck with two push mowers circle a property while I was there.I think they did get the lady.She called two days later and let me go.It was alright with me,she had trugreen/chemlawn every month and it grew!!Her son tried telling me how to mow,what height etc. The thing is they wanted it mowed every 10 days (yeah right):angry:

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I would leave it there! It's not my mailbox and I have ZERO right to touch something left on it by someone else.
    That's out of line.

As far as someone leaving a flier on a house/mailbox while you're there servicing the lawn, keep in mind that there are services out there that put out fliers for companies. The person placing the flier may just be working for one of these services and isn't even reading the fliers they're handing out. Just something to think about.

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Alot of issues I think with some here. Seems like some scrub actions throwing others fliers away. How would you like it?

10. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

if it is in the mailbox, i say leave it there!!! the post office will most definitely call them about that.it is illegal to put anything besides the mail postal carrier delivers into a mailbox.