New leaf blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Belgium, Oct 1, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic

Kawasaki is all I can speak for. Great power, weight, and design.

CONS: I have never seen a trailer rack saying it can hold a KAWASAKI other than one of the Extreme racks.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

No sale. You brought up the cooling system first plain and simple, then pointed how the back padding which includes the vent system was better than the Husky.

I simply refuted your nonsense with some facts, which include the fact that the Echo air cooling system is not so great to have in the fall. Sorry if facts are inconvenient for you bro.

Believe me, where I live, you have to wear a coat in the fall when the leaves are actually falling. I could still feel the effects of the Echo with my coat on. Any air that is cool or cold, and blows on your coat will eventually reach your back. Just another fact.

3. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure it will keep the pack from shifting,
    it's what a cinch strap does best.

As far as loosening the shoulder strap and feeling the weight on your hips,
    that ain't going to fly in all day use. Hardly much use at all to be honest.

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

In other news.... I bought a 770 today, couldn't talk myself into dealing with the tards at the husky/ kubota dealer and not supporting my good echo dealer who always gives me good deals. It has substantially more power than my old 500 and that's all I need. Gets up wet stuck down grass clippings much better which was my main problem. I don't do huge leaf cleanups so I don't really need the biggest baddest machine, just needed more than I had. Thanks for the info guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TNGrassCutter

Oh and my 770 did come with a block off plate for the back AC system. For the record....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

TN- what model did you get? Tube mount or hip mount throttle?

7. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

geta real coat then:)

If you say you can feel it during cooler weather with a coat on then it must be working really good which before you said it wouldn't compare to Husky.

Going on 4 seasons with mine and it does a heck of a job for snow .
    Sidewalks 2" is a cake-walk. For roof tops I cleared 6" of snow no problem.

Been under freezing here already. And the air flow, well I can't, and have never felt it with my coat on.

This makes #4 ...right?:)

8. TNGrassCutter

Tube. I couldn't use a hip mount I don't think. I like having a free hand to grab stuff or whatever.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I only wear a coat that is as heavy as needed for the weather I'm out in. I didn't say that the Echo cooling system doesn't compare to the Husky's. I said it blows directly on you, and you don't always need that. I also said that the system on the Husky is better IMO because it doesn't blow directly on your back because it gets diffused out around the padding.

#4 what?

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Same here. I have never caught any of my blowers' wires or anything else on any branches or such either. It just makes sense to be able to use one hand to control it all.