New Leaf Box Trailer Pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some pictures of the leaf box for my trailer that I made early last week. It's great for hauling away leaves in bulk. I just have to add the anchor points for a tarp:

The sides are set for 4 feet high, but the 2*8's that are on the 4 corners are 6 feet tall so I can either go TALLER for more CUBE *OR* cut the tops off so that the trailer looks like a box.. Right now it looks kinda like a sloppy fortress. <G>

It'll be fixed up and painted soon.

pictures0001.jpg

2. Doogiegh

Closeup

pictures0002.jpg

3. Doogiegh

Closeup of drivers side, looking towards rear.
    Latches keep sides on as does the trailers top rail

pictures0003.jpg

4. Doogiegh

This is a closeup of the passenger side, of how the plywood wall was cut to fit like a square in and around the 2*8 that is mounted to the side of the trailer.

Note that the 2*8 is behind the sheet of plywood and I used a 4 or 5" bolt with about 8 or 9 washers on it so that there is room for the plywood to slip into the space between the 2*8 and the trailer top rail.

The sides go in the same kind of way you stick a letter into an envelope..

Gary

pictures0006.jpg

5. Doogiegh

Here's the same kind of square cut, but to hold the rear of the sheet of plywood on:

pictures0007.jpg

6. Doogiegh

Here's the latches. Super strong and bolted on super tight so that the sides don't "get air" and fly off going down the road. <G>

pictures0008.jpg

7. Doogiegh

Here is the passenger side piece taken off. You can see the latches are open, and the sheet of plywood.. well you can put that wherever you want it.. Right now it's out of the picture..

pictures0009.jpg

8. Doogiegh

Here's both sides off. Hello, anyone home?

Yes, the front piece of 2*8 is up on an angle, it's cause the front wall of the trailer is slightly bent back. It looks worse in the pic than it really is.

Gary

pictures0010.jpg

9. Doogiegh

Hey, I just got the digital camera. I love it. Notice these were all taken in the dark. <G.

Last one, both sides off again, better view.

pictures0011.jpg

10. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Good job...Do you keep that backup mirror on the trailer all the time?? If so, how does it handle the vibration of driving.