New Leaf Plow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Oct 14, 2004.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

Heres my new leaf plow. The blade is made of Aluminum and the h/u made of steel. im going to add caster wheels to the bottom and also bolt on wings to make it bigger.

DSC01474.jpg

2. kemmer

DSC01477.jpg

3. kemmer

also have the craftsman ride on tractor dethacther be mounted to it also, lol
    (works pretty good)

DSC01481.jpg

4. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet thanks for sharing. Is that a pro-slide I see. If yes, are you satisfied by it's performance?.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Pretty cool. Did you make it yourself or have someone make it for you?

How much money do you have into it? I'm going to be ordering a JRCO in the next couple days.

If you get a chance, maybe take a few pics of it in action. And let us know how it works out for ya.

6. kemmer

LCME, yea it is a proslide and i LOVE IT. very easy to use and lays down a nice stripe.

gogetter, my dad made it for me, im not sure how much it cost, cause i got it for free :blob3: I dont know how its but the one i made out of plywood work well. Im probly gonna have to start using it in a week or two.

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you need diagonal bracing, so it doesn't bend the first time you hit a root or other obstacle.
    What are you going to use for tines on the bottom?
    Crawdad

8. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nicely done!

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good,should make the job a lot easier for you let us know how it works out.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That looks nice but I think you will need some additional bracing on it. Crawdad posted pictures of a leaf plow he made for his Scag. Show us some pictures of it in action.

Gravely_Man