New Leaf trailer completed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

This used to be a 5 x 12 ft lawn trailer till I modified with a torch and welder. Bought the Billy Goat and weled up some custom framing and mounted it over the tounge. I love it and have yet to open a bag this season...

Total cost 3200 with the debris loader..

img_0174.jpg

2. Blades of Steel

Pic 2

Over the toung design..

img_0172.jpg

3. Blades of Steel

4. Blades of Steel

It was a little easier than tailgate mounting it every morning when we leave the house..

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How do you plan on getting the debris out of the trailer?
    Does the BG have a 16hp on it?

Thanks
    MATT

6. Blades of Steel

yeah 16hp on the BG. Getting it out has been a challenge to this point. I had a couple of pallets laying in the bottom as someone told me and tried to pull them out. That didn't work so we used BP Blowers, it took about 10 minutes.

Got any good ideas? I could use one... I thought about the layers of tarps but haven't tried it yet..

7. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

You want to have the pallet standing up on its edge. You will need a strap on each side of the pallet.

kane

8. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Run a chain thru that pallet and put the pallet flat against the front. run the chain all the way to the back of the trailer and have a load of slack. When you get to your dump site wrap that chain aroung a tree, big rock, or another truck. Sometimes if your at a dump they will let you tie off the the loader...Then drive away.
    Use the blower for the little that is left, collect your chain and pallet, repeat.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I am using my imagination here, but could you either connect a hose to the discharge hose of the loader and blow it out or turn the discharge sideways and vacumm the debris out? I would think the pallet turned broadside would simply break the boards with all that weight in front of it.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

What do you have at the back end of the trailer, solid wall or what?

I'm curious why you went with the mesh metal on the front end rather then solid boards like the sides? Do you get a lot of dust blowback coming back at you?

And what's on the top (can't tell in pics)?

I wish I had something at the dump to tie up to, I would use the pallet and chain technique myself. But I have to back up to the pile that's already there, nothing to tie off to.