New leaf truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper3, Apr 19, 2003.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Still doing some cosmetic work, but works awsome plus you can haul a trailer.

mvc-011f.jpg

2. landscaper3

another view

mvc-005f.jpg

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

nice truck man,what is that, a 350?

4. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

That hose looks like it would clog easily when sucking damp leaves. Atleast it looks transparent so you can find the clump and shake it loose. I love my billygoat goodluck with yours...im looking to get a F-350 with a 12ft. dump to do a similar settup except mount the vac on the back.

5. landscaper3

Clog NOPE!! we put the Billy Goat to 1/4 throttle stuck it in WET-WET leaves for 2 minutes to purposly clog hit throttle and sucked wet leaves and 3 glass pepsi bottles! Its also a 16 V-Twin. Yes its a F350 Powerstroke 4x6.

6. landscaper3

The tube is 6" inside diamater.

mvc-003f.jpg

7. Strongmd

Strongmd LawnSite Member

super sucker.jpg

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

cool looking rig. ive never seen one with a hose like yours running from the front frame to the box. usually most guys run a large pvc pipe, or one like pictured above. either way....looks good.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just curious, have any of you guys out there that run the vac on the front like that ever have a problem with police?

Maybe trying to get you for an obstruction of view or something for it sticking so far off the front?

I think I remember seeing a township truck running that way somewhere before a long time ago in another state, but I just wonder if any commercial guys have ever had a problem?

10. landscaper3

Not much father then the 10' Fisher plow blade!