1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new Lesco mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Perfect Lawn, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

Newer Lesco Mowers how do you change the oil without it getting all over the mower. The older ones the oil fell right through the hole.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

on one of mine, I put a extension on, pipe, and elbow it to a good drain spot. You can get a oil valve and it comes with a plastic tube to put on to drain oil. I also have one of those, believe I got it from jthomas.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I guess you will have to thank MTD for not thinking about maintnance on your lesco. MTD makes (Yard Man, Ranch King, Lesco, Cub Cadet) and many more of the cheapest mowers on the planet. To answer you Q drain the oil and put on a longer drain pipe.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I always thought CTP made cub commercial and lesco's Z2 mowers. Learn something everyday.:)

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

research this and try again.... COMMERCIAL mowers,, not residential

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

A. He's got the right idea with the oil drain extension.

B. He's also correct about the brands MTD makes, plus about a dozen others if you would like to count handheld type equipment too. They do make MTD pro, Cub Cadet, and Lesco. If you are looking at the same model size all 3 are the same.

7. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

Buy an oil extractor. Check out PELA extractors. You siphon the oil out the dipstick tube with little cleanup.

8. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

if it has a kawi it can put a tube on the end of the valve, just open and direct to a pan. scag wb are not any better. the oil hits the hole in the deck never.

9. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

I cant believe Lesco did that. Their older mowers did not have that problem.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I think your the one who needs to do research.