New Lesco Spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TG TURF CARE, Aug 15, 2006.

TG TURF CARE LawnSite Member

Got My New Lesco Spreader Yesterday...have It Calibrated Fine....will Be Using Lesco 24-0-11..with Some Sulfer..and IRON..its The Spreader With The 80 Hopper...just Need Any Advice On Overlapping Old Spreader I Over Lapped Quite A Bit....but This Really Throws The Fert. Along Ways On Both Sides Of The Spreader....any Advise On This Spreader Would Be Great...T.G.
  2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

take it back to lesco and go buy a anderson SR2000. but since you already opened it, reading the manual says throw back to your tracks. listening to others on here and my experance w/ the lesco, go around the lawn in a counter clock'wise rotation and you wont stripe a lawn keeping 7' centers.

Thanks For The Advice....but I Received No Manual...and With The Deflecter Shield.....i Was Shorted 7 Pieces..nuts ..bolts...mounting Bracket.....not A Happy Camper..left 2 Messages With Lesco Call Back.......but Keep The Advice Coming....thanks Much...t.g.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

well sorry to hear that you were shorted on parts! I thought they were ALWAYS assembeld at the store??? Ok the deflector isn't I guess, but you should have at least received instructions. Sounds like you got an open box that someone had robbed parts out of!

You will NOT be dissapointed with the spreader. It's not the number one spreader for nothing. When you spread just overlap back to your tire tracks, generally that's 8 to 10 feet apart.
  5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I usually go on 12 foot centers with my lesco spreader. At a brisk pace it will throw it back to my tracks. Just stay in a circle to compensate for it throwing heavy one way or the other.

Just To Clarify...the Spreader Was Shipped To Me From Lesco There Are No Dealers In The Area...came From Lesco In Georgia....deflecter Came Ups Today....had Old Ups Shipping Labels On Them...(2) Some One Had Ordered Them ..then Returned At The Moment...quite Unhappy...keep The Advice On The Spreader Coming...thanks... For Your Time...t.g.
  7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you might check and see if the spreader mounting holes match up with the ones on the frame. I think thats how mine was mounted, using the bolts already in the frame.

i am missing several important items to install this....lever rod deflector bracket mount....and several other items...but thanks for the post..T.G.
  10. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

I would call the Lesco outfit that you ordered it from and let them know what you're missing. Did you order the remote shield or the manual shield kit? The manual shield kit is a lot easier to put together and I usually have it installed in less than 5 minutes. If you've ordered the remote shield kit, it's a little more involved. I would definitely call the place where you placed your order. They won't know about your situation unless you explain it. FYI, don't use regular bolts, washers and nuts as a substitute. They'll rust and cause you great pain if they ever need to be removed (use stainless steel bolts). Regardless, Lesco should supply them.

As for the use of the spreader, "overlap "tire to tire" for excellent results.

Good luck and let us know how you made out.