1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New LESCO Z Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mwallingford, Feb 10, 2003.

1. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any information on the new LESCO Z mower that is out? I saw one today at the LESCO center in Lexington. It looks well built. 60" deck, articulating front, 25 HP Kaw air cooled engine. And right now for a limited time, the price is $6,195.
  2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know much about the Lesco ztr's decks? Are they floaters, if not do they scalp? Whats the depth. Just seemes like a good price on these things. Everyone says parts are redily available.
  3. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I like this mower. It's a good value. Yes, it has a floating deck. The 25 hp 60 inchers are now coming with a canister-type air filter, which is a brand new change. Cutting height up to 5 inches. Carries 13 gals of gas. Goes a little over 10 mph. Deck is 5 inches deep. But you have to grease the spindles. It seems like a really good machine.:blob3:
  4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

First question is does your Lesco have a mechanic? If not then I would not even consider one. Secondly, I order parts for my POS Kawi 2 cycle from Lesco and it usually takes about a month for the parts. So I didn't even look at one when I bought my new Lazer last week.
  5. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That price you are quoting is way low !!!

In fact it's about a $1000 below what they will be selling for this Spring.

The unit is probably 2002 left over inventory,

Check the hydro drive motors on the unit. If they have a Hydrogear pump and separate Parker/Ross wheel motors then it's a 2002 model.

If it has a Hydrogear pump and motor combined into one unit - not separate components it is a 2001 model.

All the Lesco equipment is now made up in Aurora , Ohio and is also sold by Cub Cadet dealers. They just change the paint color to Yellow and black and its a Cub. So you can easily get parts and or service if there is a Cub dealer near you.

Yes - it has a full floating deck. The deck hangs from slotted steel brackets, not chains like most others do, but they are fully free to float.

These mowers are really a terrific value at the super good pricing they have.

One other thing they do really well - the front axel can pivot, which takes a bunch of the bounce and shocks out of the ride. The 24-12x12 big tires and their very soft sprung seat make this one of the easiest, nicest riding Z mowers around.
  6. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I don't know what Lescos parts policy is - or if they even have any , but the Cub Cadet units have a parts policy that is only extended to commercial mowing companies. If the dealer does not have your part on hand , and must order it in, if the order is placed by 3:00 pm - the parts will ship by mid night on UPS next day air. If the part is not recieved by the next business day - it's yours for free !

So I guess it might be better to buy it from Cub than from Lesco.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I liked the Lesco mowers myself. When I went to check them out back in the late fall I was soooo tempted to go ahead and get the 25/60 Z-2 and a WB. Heck they were selling the 25/60 for $6,000 on sale which is less than I can get a 48" Cub for here locally.

The thing that stopped me is distance. The lesco was way too far away from me for service. It would have kinda been like buying a new mower without a warrenty....

By the way, for those that don't know, Cub has a nice 72" ZTR coming for 2003. I don't know if these will also be offered under the Lesco name or not....