New Logo -CE Lane

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Laner, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

I am working on updating my logo. I have hired a graphic designer to help me with the logo. I am posting the various logos here to get feedback on what you like or dislike.
    Logo #1

CELane-1.JPG

2. Laner

Here's logo #2. Not much change from #1, but a slight variation.
    Logo #2

CELane-2.JPG

3. Laner

Here's logo #3 with the name over the oval, extending outside the limits of the oval. The "lawn stripes" in the oval.
    Logo #3

CELane-3.JPG

4. Laner

Here's logo #4. I am thinking that we lose the "inc" and center up the name a bit. May need to do something more with the snowflakes.
    Logo #4:

CELane-4.JPG

5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I like #4...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

#1 looks great to me

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

One of the most important things to remember with a logo is you want it to easily transfer to different backgrounds. Such as trucks, trailers, uniforms, stationary etc...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Personally, I like #3.... This is the absolute truth... It took me about 3 months to do my logo... It is so so so so so so so so so important. Do a little research if you haven't yet on branding. The third logo is coincidentally the most simple. It is the easiest to read. You don't have to convey grass or snow or palm trees or lawn mowers or cartoons or whatever people put in their logos... Somebody was talking recently about Asplundh, the tree company... Their logo is just that .... Asplundh.... No explanation, no fancy stuff, just simple branding....
    I see so many logo's that are just so darn busy, and so many company names that try to get crazier than the next... It's simple, people need to remember your name and recognize it.... #3 my friend, #3....

9. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

If you hired a graphic designer to help, you should find someone else! I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just giving my opinion. IF I HAD to pick one it would maybe be #3 or #4. Play around with it more. Maybe get rid of the "lawn care & snow removal" and put "property services". It all sounds too long to me.

10. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i agree with nightshutter, i'd find someone else as well. however, If someone had a gun to my head and said pick one, i'd go with #3. :)