New Logo -CE Lane

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Laner, Jan 6, 2014.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I completely agree. Sorry, Laner, but this is not the work of a legitimate graphic designer. I pointed it out in the other logo thread, but this is not the work of someone I would pay actual money, or take a freebie from, to design the branding face of my company. There really is no design skill being used here. The person is simply taking various elements and haphazardly putting them together. The fonts, graphic elements, and visual weight/balance simply are amateurish at best, and that, really, is the simple reality.

#3 is the only thing close, and that one leads me to think it's a "sign guy" who is selling his or her self as an actual designer, which is quite common.

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with both of you but I didn't want to say it.... But I stick with what I said, out of those ones... #3

3. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

4. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Here's another logo. This stands out, but looks more like a racing sticker to me.
    Logo #5

Logo-5.JPG

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I like it better than the others, but it does look like a racing sticker as you said. I think it has some potential though.

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Each one just reaffirms that you are not working with a legitimately trained, or skilled, graphic designer. If you showed those pieces to 10 legit designers and asked them "Did an actual graphic designer make these?" all 10 will say "Not a chance.".

You're at least 3 weeks, and enough negative feedback, in to a process that should have received the "cut bait" treatment back with the first batch. Short of re-appropriating someone else's work, they simply don't have the skill to create your logo. If you don't want to move on with another, actual, designer, usually this means the current person is somehow relation or a friend. :) If that's the case, best of luck.

7. Laner

I have some other logo design concepts. Let me know what you think.

Logo-6.JPG

8. Laner

I kind of like this one, but I think it portrays a tree company more than a lawn care company.

Logo-7.JPG

9. Laner

The E is blended into/behind the C on this one.

Logo-8.JPG

10. Laner

And another with a tree incorporated into the logo.

Logo-9.JPG