New logo concept opinions

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by M&SLawnCare, Jan 25, 2008.

1. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. Working on a new concept and I came up with these two ideas. My trailer/truck will be black in the future which is why i have 2 versions of each. The goal was I want something very simplistic but professional looking. Less is more when a name, rather than a theme, is in the title imo.

[​IMG]

The top one would be the version shown one white backgrounds (letterheads and such) the bottom one would be the image shown on the black truck/trailer.

[​IMG]

This one is backwards with the black background on top and the white background on the bottom. I'm leaning toward the top one atm. Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I vote for the Top one Looks good! I like the less is more concept.

3. M&SLawnCare

Bump. Any more thoughts?

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

I also like the top one, but how will they be able to contact you?

5. M&SLawnCare

The phone number will be located under the logo when it goes on the truck and trailer.

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I say go with the lower one. I don't care for the inverse colors on the top one. Look at the logo in black and white since that is most likely the way it will look on the back of a tshirt with only one ink color.

7. RyGuyusMaximus

RyGuyusMaximus LawnSite Member

The logos on the bottom are more cohesive, meaning they don't split up the view or break up the symmetry - making them more appealing. Now black or white? Personally I like the white since thats my logos backing. But the black is equally nice.

edit - For that high end look I'd go with the black, but if you're driving a rusted 89 dodge then I'd stick with the white.

8. gettingstartedtampa

gettingstartedtampa LawnSite Member

Hey.

I like em both! But.. my wife has a tshirt business and she made a good comment about each.

The second one with the black background will need alot of black ink if done on a light colored shirt. The black ink will soak up the sun like a solar panel. It would look good on trucks trailers etc... You could use both as the concept is the same. Flipping colors with a "reverse style" graphic is common in black and white logos.

She recommends keeping the ink down to a minimum for anything on your back as it gets and the big block of ink prevents the shirt fabric in that area from breathing.

She can do those shirts for 6.00 each if your interested. http://www.onthespotshirts.com She does mine but won't wash them. Rats.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the lower one