New Logo Feedback

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by firstdew, Oct 31, 2006.

1. firstdew

firstdew LawnSite Member

Hey everyone out there! This is my first post. Hope it comes through ok - lol. When I looked at the attachment, the mower looks strange, but on our computer, it's fine. Go figure! :dizzy:

Anyhow, My husband and I recently started a small lawn business and are considering going w/ this for a logo. He is a full-time firefighter, so we thought we'd try to incorporate that to gain reputability. Any feedback is welcomed. :usflag:

2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Very simple and nice.
  3. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I would lose the mower from the graphic. Also I would put a "&" in between Landscape and Professional. Just my opinion.
  4. firstdew

firstdew LawnSite Member

Thanks so much, Poncho. We're actually in Brandon, How 'bout u?
  5. firstdew

firstdew LawnSite Member

That's what I needed, thanks.
  6. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I would for sure try to get the letter out of the white box that the mower is in. I like it myself. Some will not catch the "First Dew" concept but some will understand it as "First Due". That is from a former Paramedic...
  7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Not bad catchy and original best of luck neighbor... How long have you been in landscape maintenance? I ust to do a little work out in brandon valrico area.
  8. firstdew

firstdew LawnSite Member

Hey back 2 u. When I said we just started, I meant 2 mos. ago. There's lots of competition, but we're hoping to get a small piece of the pie. So far, we're 75% commercial and 25% residential. We'll see what happens ...How are things in Plant City? How long have u been around?
  9. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the town-n-country/west chase and carrollwood area. Like yourself I just started in July, but am 100% residential atm, i have a commercial bid to do tomorrow so we will see how that goes! Any help or advise i can give please just ask...I am always willing to help esp a firefighter... got a bunch of friends that are NYC firefighters and have nothing but respect for them and their familys!
  10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Personally, I would reccomend that you replace the lawn mower logo with a simple landscape logo ie. lawn, trees, plants or nice home and landscape.
    the mower doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the logo and it doesn't look like a prof. mower ... looks like a Craftsman. Other than that i think the logos and business name a great.:)