New Logo Ideas - which do you like better?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rodneyamolt, Oct 19, 2007.

?

Which would you use?

1. Top Design

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Bottom Design

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I wrote earlier - top dog into the bottom design.

Can you hack-out a crude image copy paste yourself in a program to see if its worth having a professional attempt at the swap?

I just don't like the spike collar on the bottom dog and like the work clothes of the upper dog.

2. Ninja lawn mowing

Ninja lawn mowing LawnSite Member

Don't want to break the creative juices flowing here, this is just a thought. I remembered reading from the "The complete lawn & landscape business operators guide", by Sean Adams, that I purchases a few years back. It has a section on business cards and logo's.

One thing it states is that the most effective business cards state the basic needed information. They aren't to fancy, they do not look like a grocery list or a cartoon. He states later in the paragraph...

Remember, this is not a billboard or a cartoon. You are not trying to get their attention. They already have your card in their hand. You want them to look at your card and know they can reach you several different ways and most importantly, they are dealing with a professional.

I know it takes much thought, time and money to come up with a logo and card, it's a heavy decision and your asking for constructive criticism and this is some of the things that help me to way out my logo. You do have alot of color and I love color so who knows this may just work fine.

3. rodneyamolt

rodneyamolt LawnSite Member

I have this up on two sites and im getting mixed review ? i'm lost :)

4. Down2EarthLawns

Down2EarthLawns LawnSite Member

Well, use the input for what it is worth. In the end, it is your logo. Good luck.

5. flakebortch

flakebortch LawnSite Member

I agree with Mdvaden. Top dog with the bottom logo minus the mower though.

6. teewolf

teewolf LawnSite Member
    from UK

would you like me to do a design for you?

7. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

If I had to choose one it would be the bottom one.

The top one would look good on the back of t-shirts but the top one would look better as a letterhead, on a ball cap, and on the front of a t-shirt.

The shape and look is what I like, you could mix up the characters or verbage however you prefer. I would suggest using the same (dog) character on all designs. Better for brand recognition.