New Logo pic

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It's simple, easy to read. I like it. Whatcha think?

logo4upload.jpg

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

i was about to say its "very tropical" and i see you're in florida........close enough!

if you like it and it communicates your point, go with it

3. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

The grass in the logo looks like it needs to be cut!!! :laugh:

Looks good. Basic, easy on the eyes!

4. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I like 29 palms logo but I don't like the Shields, it looks awkward and silly very amatuerish imo. Looks like a kid drew it free hand with crayons.

5. Grits

from Florida

Thanks for the opinions.

QUOTE:I like 29 palms logo but I don't like the Shields, it looks awkward and silly very amatuerish imo. Looks like a kid drew it free hand with crayons.:QUOTE

That's what I like about it...kind of cartoonish. Krueger, Could I see your logo so maybe it would give me some more ideas?

6. Freddy_Kruger

I don't really have a logo, I have pics and and text that I put on flyers and cards and manipulate around, I'm half tempted to come up with something as I am getting half way proficient with CS2 Illustrator. My biggest problem is that I like to tinker. There really is no point in having a logo unless it is a very good one.

btw, your logo still hasn't grown on me... I would help you if I could.

edit: but hey! don't let me influence you its not like I have great taste or am I a graphic artist, I just know what I like...

7. Grits

from Florida

I like to tinker also. That's why I am messing around with designing a logo. I agree that there is no point in having a logo unless it is a good one. That's why I would bring it to you guys first...because of the brutally honest opinions.
    I'll take all the help I can get. If you have time and if you feel like it..feel free to come up with a logo for me. That'd be great!
    It seems so easy in my head..then it all goes to crap when I sit down to do it!:dizzy: But I do like the one in this thread.

8. Freddy_Kruger

do you see this? http://www.ideabook.com/freeinfo3.htmI went and tried to copy this general idea and came up with this flyer this spring.
    This flyer did extremely well for spring clean up but its really a disaster as far as llogo.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SubZero2040/side1.jpg

Plus every flyer I have is black and white so my logo would have to be pretty boring to start out with though I have often thought of that scarface poster and wondered if I could incorporate that into lawn care somehow lol.

9. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

logo will not break or make your landscaping business.... other companies where branding is 99% of your advertising goal and you need to reach 280 million customers the logo will probably be more crucial to the business and advertising campaign

It looks pretty good and if you like it thats what matters... bit cartoonish though

10. Freddy_Kruger

hey look what I found its looks like your blue background.
    [​IMG]