New Logo (Please Critique)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnBoy627, Feb 8, 2013.

1. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of the new logo? Im open to any suggestions/critisism

Ingore the "aPro" typo on logo. For some reason the image I have on file is distorted...

2. LawnBoy627

Forgot to attach the picture. Here it is...

ProScapesLogo4(7) copy.jpg

3. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

Dont take this the wrong way but I personally dont like the logo, it looks cheap (sorry maybe you made it yourself). Your logo will be the first impression of your business (truck, website, business cards, marketing material, etc.) so dont hesitate to spend a little money on it as long as the funds are there.

I would suggest with going with a professional designer to make your logo (maybe you did but that logo doesnt look professional if it was ask for a refund or ask for a revision) I just had my logo done by logomojo.com I got the cheapest package. 200 bucks for 4 concept logo and 2 rounds of revisions. I am pretty satisfied with the final design.

4. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I have to agree with magicmike.....it looks a bit drab. Also, a quick Google search came up with dozens of companies named "Proscapes". You need something original that will place you at the forefront of your prospects' minds. Discover what that is, and you'll go far.

5. LawnBoy627

Thanks I have to agree. I am defintetly not the artisic type, but I had a friend make it for me. Ill have to check out logomojo.

6. LawnBoy627

I did a google search for pro scapes and found this logo. I think this is more along the lines of the look I am looking for

pro scapes.jpg

7. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

There are many logo maker websites that let you use their tools and graphics to create a logo and you only pay when you decide to download it.

8. magicmike

Becareful using a name so widely used, check to see if it has a trademark, they can sue you and make you change your name, after a few years in business and you gain name recognition your not going to want to change your name. I would try to think of a new name if I were you.

9. LawnBoy627

Im already a licensed business with the name Pro Scapes Lawn Care LLC. You really think they will sue?

10. magicmike

if some trademarked the name especially federally that usually means they did it because they dont want anyone to use the name (there are some fees with trademarking). But since there are some many businesses using the name I am sure you are good. it is trademarked you can find the info in the link below.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfiel...h&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query