New logo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shawnhines, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

Yes I am trying to build my own logo... This is one of my first ones...

Thanks

Logo Template - Logo1.jpg

2. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

Simple and effective, green might not stand out enough though. Try it in red.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Do not be discouraged by this statement, but the logo is obviously done by someone who hasn't the slightest what they're doing. You said you've never designed a logo before? I would suggest searching other logo threads and seeing what they've come up with.

You do have the right idea though, simple and easy to read.

4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

what are you using to make it with?
    there are several guy's that are pretty good at this sort of thing on this site maybe one of them can help you tweak it a bit
    you are on the right track

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

you need to figure out what your business is all about first before you go whipping off some twisted drop-shadowed font. Write down everything your business does, things that you like -colors, ideas, art etc. Next list things that you associate with those items. Then take the best of those ideas and try working it. Remember all the applications it will be used in so it will fit -business cards, hats, tee-shirts, truck sides, ads etc.

The suggestion above about looking at other logo posts is great, there are a ton listed here. The funniest thing is seeing how multiples of the same thing but different company come up because people will use stock photography instead of their own.:nono:

6. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Shawn, I hate to say this but I can not help you right now. I am taking an extended weekend. Come Monday though I will try. My future is Lawn Care, right now I am a manager in a Desk Top publishing dept for a billion dollar company and get paid to do this kind of stuff. A little advice, do not design your logo on a computer screen, all the best designers design on paper first. It is much easier to envision and make changes when its designed on paper. If you ever use a "professional" designer that starts from scratch on a screen, its not really a pro. Its cool to rhyme, but after looking at a logo twice it needs to do more than rhyme. Take your time, plan it out Shawns Lawns is a good start but you want to send a subliminal message in the Logo that you create beautiful lawns and are a Pro Lawn Care provider, not an aspiring rapper. If you come up with something PM me, I will give you my work e-mail and or Fax # number and can get you a print ready file. If not, post it on LawnSite and if you still need help I will jump in..............
    Ps. This is not a sales pitch......I will help you no charge......its the least we new guys can do for each other.

7. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

Well Thanks. Like I said I was just playing in front of the computer, thought I would see what everybody thought... I guess I have a idea... Back to the drawing board.....

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Cute:) :) :)

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I am so amused to see generic logos.
    Photography is always a bad idea in a logo.

Less colors=Less print $.

Easily Read

Not too "busy"

Bright colors are a +

Do not worry about saying "what you do" on your logo ie; So and So's Lawncare is going to be a less effective name than one that isn't dependent on someone remembering your name to find you.

Remember that logos are made for women. Men don't care and "usually" don't buy. Your market is young to middle-aged housewives of Type A men.

Learn the basics of marketing and a logo will form itself. Use lettering until then.

10. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

You do have an idea, Shawns Lawns is a good name, we just need to put it in with a nice little piece of artwork. Shawns Lawns is the first thing a potencial client will see and they will remember it. We want them to see the name then look at the rest of the logo and think......."Shawns Lawns, it looks like he is a Pro". Unless you are getting the cards, letter heads and truck painted before monday I can get you something you will like.