New Logo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grass-Masters, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I am playing with a few logos, and I like this one the best so far. Opionions would be appreciated. This will be going on a black truck. So let me have it.

[​IMG]

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

i don't think it's a bad logo, but it doesn't make me think of lawncare at all. it almost makes me think it would be on a billboard in las vegas. ya ya, I know, that sounds dumb, but that was the first impression i got when looking at it.
    could it have green in it, instead of red?

3. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

that is Comcastic!

http://www.comcast.net/comcast.html

well I think it looks pretty cool.....for a wind turbine company!

It does not make me think of lawncare :) but it does stand out and the part on the right is cool....but im not sure if it is a tree or a sprinkler or a weedeater :)

4. teamoneoutdoors

teamoneoutdoors LawnSite Member

Just a suggestion, place a simulated blade inside the o at the end of your name instead of the extension off of the lower part. Also if you want to use the lower "bar" coming into your name make the color look as if it is grass that has been striped. Color change because red and black are not contrasting enough to be read easily on vehicles, etc. Furthermore the large block of black color will increase any artwork costs for screenprinting and embroidery. Lastly when I first look at your logo I see "car". Just suggestions and comments.:)

5. Grass-Masters

What do you mean by this, I do not understand.

I did not include green because these are my company colors, should I change the company colors.

Thanks for the input, keep it coming.

6. teamoneoutdoors

teamoneoutdoors LawnSite Member

Invision the "o" at the end of your name as the deck of an old fashion push mower. In the center of the "o" will be the "spindle" or a dot serving as a spindle with the blade coming off of it.

As for your colors you can have them as you desire and that is perfectly fine. I am assuming after reading your original message that the black square is serving as your vehicle color. Keep the white so you make sure you have a contrasting color separating your red from the black color. I would also use a red PMS color that is brighter when you have your logo printed.

I have another company that has red, black, and white as its colors. That company's speciality is working with NASCAR sponsors operating mobile marketing programs (showcars) so I see nothing wrong with your colors.

Lastly I would look at the logo without the white circle around CAR. Just looking at CARUSO I see Car USA when I first glance at it.

Please accept my suggestions understanding that I am trying to assist with kindness not negativeness.:)

7. Grass-Masters

I made a couple changes, is this a little easier to read, and can you easily see this is a tree. I would use a clip are tree, but I want at least a little bit of originallity.

8. Grass-Masters

No- I appreciate it, I would rather make needed changed before customers see it, and I pay for all that vynyl.

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Good job at trying to be original. My suggestion would be to get rid of the background color(black), then rework the color of the text so you can see it. This would clean the image up a bit, make it a lot easier to use on your trucks, letterhead, clothing etc. And as is I see your tree more as an explosion right now, but just a simple tweeking and you should have something nice.

10. Grass-Masters

I need the background black, the truck is black. And these are the company colors. What do you think I can change to make it look more like a tree, rather than an "explosion" I do not want this to look like all other trees in logos.