1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new logo

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Finestlandscape, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Finestlandscape

Finestlandscape LawnSite Member

got a new logo designed today what you think

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

"FINEST" is not centered. The tree looks offset as well.
  3. Finestlandscape

so with the 4 color processing it will be expensive to print on everything
  4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, I edited that out after seeing the full-size image. Originally, I only saw a thumbnail.

I think you are probably only going to see the logo render as you want via 4 color process. The gradients and chromed outline are the sticking points.

In terms of the tree, what about doing a complimentary color silhouette? You've got a bit of a Harley/Biker-style logo that uses one color palette, but then the green tree seems to be added just to be added, without any real integration to what's in front of it. I have the vector artwork of that exact tree, so it's not a big deal for your designer to give you some other, more integrated options.

Then again, design is wholly subjective, so what do I know. lol
    chrissyboy likes this.
  5. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks great. It is very professional yet simple and eye catching!
  6. Green surfer 1

Green surfer 1 LawnSite Member

Looks great, professional touch. I might incorporate a little gold leaf into lettering or graphics ,only my oppinion. Good Luck..
  7. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

Good deal man. Looks nice..
  8. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Looks exceptional, i would just be concerned about cost of printing due to multiple colors for shirts, etc.. strong work though:usflag:
  9. Finestlandscape

thank you all for your comments still being indecisive cant seem to settle on one yet
  10. soduniformscs

soduniformscs LawnSite Member

Hi I wanted to chime in if I may. We've used a website for printing just about anything called gotprint.com. We are not affiliated nor do we endorse them, but they're a perfect example of how the 4 color process has practically been rendered the new black. In other words, prices for printing in 4 colors have come down so much that one color and 4 color are virtually the same price.

SOD Uniforms employs a 4 color process for apparel called D2G or Direct to Garment printing. It's essentially a printer for apparel. Because of the great demand for high resolution, full color images on garments, the price for this process has also come down considerably. So, what used to be cost prohibitive (ie full color logos on shirts) is now the preferred way to decorate apparel.

You can go to our website soduniforms.com and customize your favorite apparel item or uniform and see how your logo might look. If you like it and want us to make one for your, use the coupon LAWNSITE for 20% off until 3/15.

Hope you find this info helpful.