New Machine Cub Cadet commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toad, Jun 11, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

After lots of reading, looking, talking to dealers , I made a choice to buy the new cub cadet 3660 with the 23 hp kawi motor. Now I know that this is an mtd product , but man it is built nice. 2 year waranty , 60'' deck, hydro over gear, 23 kawi , all for $6500. My other z is a scag , witch I like very much , But is now equipt with a trac-vac ,witch will be used on bagging jobs only, and clean-ups. Most of the machines I looked at were in the 7000, to 8000 range. I got such a good deal because the dealer is in my small hometown and knows me personally. They even held it for me for almost 2 months so I could pay it of. There service is very good . I am 50 miles from the nearest scag dealer , or any other type of commercial dealer. So the service will be important. I've put 10 hrs on it so far and love it, it cuts nice, handels great, climes walls ,and that kawi is so much more powerful and quitier than the kohler on my scag. I almost overlooked this machine, but am glad I took the time to visit my local dealer. I'll let you all know if I have any problems with this machine . Just some more info for you all. Dave
  2. dhicks

dhicks Member

There is a commercial site down the road from my house. I noticed the guy cutting was using a Cub Tank ZTR. The machine did an exceptional job cutting.
  3. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I think that machine is the same one LESCO sells through thier stores. It looks to be the identical machine to me. I know a couple of guys with the LESCO version and they are happy with it. Let us know what you think down the road.
  4. Toad

Where could I see a picture of this lesco machine? Do they have a web site,
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The last I looked at Lesco's website, there wasn't any machine pictures. Go to Lesco to see one or just imagine your machine Green. Green is Lesco, Red is MTD and you know your color is, but they are all the same basically. Lesco used Kawasaki and I think MTD advertised they use Kohler, so I guess your's would be closer to a Lesco Viper.
  6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we have a cub dealer here- keep me informed on the long term use of your rig- we might get one! good luck dave g
  7. Toad

Yes , I will keep you informed, and thanks for your replies.Eric, my machine is yellow. even better
  8. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

My Shind. [Kubota/Cub/MTD/Ferris] dealer said the cubs and MTDs were the same, except some people like to pay more for the yellow paint. Don't know.....(yellow is a nice color, though)
  9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I sat on the Tank the other day.. didn't drive it though. The seat was really comfortable. It didn't remind me of a Lesco at all. The 2 things the service guy pointed out about the machine were the 1. Artculating front axle pivot - You can take a pin out that allows the front of deck to pivot to the contour of the terrain or put it in and lock the deck for slopes and hills. 2. The Command Cut System - hardend Marbane blades and 1.7" blade overlap = 50% more than the competition.

If my mower goes down I'll take it for a test drive....

Oh yeah, and he stated the trans is nice with no hoses between pump and motor....
  10. Toad

TSG Yeah the piviting front axel is nice, you wouldn't believe how much shock this takes out of rough terrain. The trany and pump on these machines is all on unit. This system is very tight and responsive.