New Machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Jan 1, 2011.

1. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

looks like a very well built machine! I have said for a long time PG should have kept the Centri design and just improved it!
    Sure you don't want to start a "G" team??

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

........or be called a "G-man":laugh::laugh:

3. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

What size hopper does it have on it?
    I am not familiar with spyker hoppers.

The Groundlogic spreader has been around for a while now,but they seem to be advertising more in the green industry magazines.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

120lb hopper.

http://www.groundlogicinc.com/pdf/Pathfinder Spec Sheet.pdf

5. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

One thing that does stand out to me is the handlebar angle,somewhat like the exmark walk behinds with the more ergonomic handle design.

The controls at the handlebars seem very well laid out, simple, easy to reach.

You have to love a 2.5 gas tank!

A guess that the spray system covers 50,000 sq ft a tank in high gear, wide spray?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I don't know how to say this other then...it is pretty much exactly like the PG only upgraded with many different things including a Spyker hopper, better handle bars etc.

Pretty much same motor, same pump, same nozzles etc.

I have not calibrated but sure that the spray width and everything will be the same.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I posted this 2 years ago when our local Scotts Lawn Care ditched their PG's and swapped out their PG's for Ground Logic units. My local Scotts buds liked them very much compared to their previous PG units. Bottom line: it's merely an upgrade to a PG Ultra.

New stuff coming down the pike regarding Scotts Lawn Care equipment. Other Nationally known guys too. You all take care now. :usflag:

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

You mean Magnum Larry!
    :)

That is my exact thoguhts!

Take a very good machine and make it a little better!

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I just think the Pathfinder is a very solid looking machine and I'm sure an improvement over the Magnum. All stainless steel and the spyker hopper are great selling points.(Always did hate the 3 hole hopper on the Ultra) It doesn't really matter what the "national" guys are doing as long as whatever equipment you choose works for YOU. I've always had better things to do than worry about them anyway. None of the national chains even use ride-ons around here.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Spoke to Brice at the MN Green Expo today. Looked at his demo's on the floor. Sharp looking ride ons. Short and compact - if you like the articulating PG style you will like this one. Controls seems simple and intuitive. And as stated before, this unit is really sealed up nice with stainless, keeping that fert residue off the guts.

One guy asked how the pump and impeller are run. Brice said ground driven.

I also looked at the Cub XP unit today. $3,900 for the Cub vs. $6200 for this one.
    Is this unit that much better than the Cub? Not sure. But I like it a fair bit more than the Cub, even before driving/testing it. Now can a solo guy justify such a purch?

Also, ted was right in stating the big chains don't run ride ons. From my experience using even an old Centri, ride on is the way to go for nearly all lawns, man!