Lawn Care Forum banner

New Machine

18K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  americanlawn 
#1 ·
Here is my newest machine.

Have not used it but have played on it and really like it.

It will be replacing my 2008 Perma Green. It has many advantages over the already proven PG Magnum!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bag Gas Auto part Camera accessory Fashion accessory

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Automotive design Office equipment

See less See more
#2 ·
I like how the "guts" of that thing look well protected from fert dust and debris.What was the final price on that little jewel if ya don't mind me asking?

#4 ·
I can't make out the name, who makes it?
It's a Ground Logic. I looked hard at one of those 2 yrs ago before I bought the Z. I think they changed the handle controls a little since then but it looks pretty much the same. It looks like it's built well. I'm very interested in reviews from Creech later this spring.

#5 ·
It is a Ground Logic Pathfinder.

I looked and looked for a PG Magnum with little to no hours and couldn't find one. Thank God I found this machine as it is identical but better...and it is new!

I didn't really want to buy an 08 model with low hours.

Ted,

I don't remember what I paid for it but I will check when I get back to the office. I am almost sure it cost $6695.

The machine is almost exactly like the PG Magnum but it is faster, all stainless, the sulky and breaks are better and it has a pressure guage. The best thing to me is it has a Spyker spreader.

I will definitely keep you guys updated but Brice (owner) seems like a great guy and I think that he will do great when it comes to service. I have called him several times and he always calls me back promptly.

I am still a Z guy and think they are the best...but I just felt this machine was best for me in this situation. I needed a machine to go on a rack and be wanted a smaller machine.

#7 ·
It is a Ground Logic Pathfinder.

I looked and looked for a PG Magnum with little to no hours and couldn't find one. Thank God I found this machine as it is identical but better...and it is new!

I didn't really want to buy an 08 model with low hours.

Ted,

I don't remember what I paid for it but I will check when I get back to the office. I am almost sure it cost $6695.

The machine is almost exactly like the PG Magnum but it is faster, all stainless, the sulky and breaks are better and it has a pressure guage. The best thing to me is it has a Spyker spreader.

I will definitely keep you guys updated but Brice (owner) seems like a great guy and I think that he will do great when it comes to service. I have called him several times and he always calls me back promptly.

I am still a Z guy and think they are the best...but I just felt this machine was best for me in this situation. I needed a machine to go on a rack and be wanted a smaller machine.
This can be one of the great things about going with the smaller outfit, not that LT Rich isn't awesome in their customer service. Keep us updated!

#8 ·
good luck.. looks like a money maker..

#12 ·
looks like a very well built machine! I have said for a long time PG should have kept the Centri design and just improved it!
Sure you don't want to start a "G" team??
........or be called a "G-man":laugh::laugh:

#15 ·
One thing that does stand out to me is the handlebar angle,somewhat like the exmark walk behinds with the more ergonomic handle design.

The controls at the handlebars seem very well laid out, simple, easy to reach.

You have to love a 2.5 gas tank!

A guess that the spray system covers 50,000 sq ft a tank in high gear, wide spray?
Posted via Mobile Device

#16 ·
Sweet. What horsepower? What is source of power to drive the pump? What source of power drives the spinner? How many nozzles? Trim nozzle? Spray width in feet? Gallons per 1000 sqft?
I don't know how to say this other then...it is pretty much exactly like the PG only upgraded with many different things including a Spyker hopper, better handle bars etc.

Pretty much same motor, same pump, same nozzles etc.

I have not calibrated but sure that the spray width and everything will be the same.

#17 ·
I posted this 2 years ago when our local Scotts Lawn Care ditched their PG's and swapped out their PG's for Ground Logic units. My local Scotts buds liked them very much compared to their previous PG units. Bottom line: it's merely an upgrade to a PG Ultra.

New stuff coming down the pike regarding Scotts Lawn Care equipment. Other Nationally known guys too. You all take care now. :usflag:

#18 ·
I posted this 2 years ago when our local Scotts Lawn Care ditched their PG's and swapped out their PG's for Ground Logic units. My local Scotts buds liked them very much compared to their previous PG units. Bottom line: it's merely an upgrade to a PG Ultra.
You mean Magnum Larry!
:)

That is my exact thoguhts!

Take a very good machine and make it a little better!

#19 ·
You mean Magnum Larry!
:)

That is my exact thoguhts!

Take a very good machine and make it a little better!
I just think the Pathfinder is a very solid looking machine and I'm sure an improvement over the Magnum. All stainless steel and the spyker hopper are great selling points.(Always did hate the 3 hole hopper on the Ultra) It doesn't really matter what the "national" guys are doing as long as whatever equipment you choose works for YOU. I've always had better things to do than worry about them anyway. None of the national chains even use ride-ons around here.

#20 ·
Spoke to Brice at the MN Green Expo today. Looked at his demo's on the floor. Sharp looking ride ons. Short and compact - if you like the articulating PG style you will like this one. Controls seems simple and intuitive. And as stated before, this unit is really sealed up nice with stainless, keeping that fert residue off the guts.

One guy asked how the pump and impeller are run. Brice said ground driven.

I also looked at the Cub XP unit today. $3,900 for the Cub vs. $6200 for this one.
Is this unit that much better than the Cub? Not sure. But I like it a fair bit more than the Cub, even before driving/testing it. Now can a solo guy justify such a purch?

Also, ted was right in stating the big chains don't run ride ons. From my experience using even an old Centri, ride on is the way to go for nearly all lawns, man!

#21 ·
My local Scotts Lawn Care buds have been running them here for the past two years. They like 'em alot, and they transport them on "carrier racks". :walking: Seems the 2011 HPS/XPS has improved as well -- nice to see those guys improve their equipment.

Keep in mind that we thoroughly demo'd Ground Logic, LT Rich products, the Triumph, and the T3000. So I guess I might throw in my opinion as to what we choose to run everyday in our business ......or maybe not. :laugh:

Good luck, T-Man :usflag::canadaflag:

#24 ·
My local Scotts Lawn Care buds have been running them here for the past two years. They like 'em alot, and they transport them on "carrier racks". :walking: Seems the 2011 HPS/XPS has improved as well -- nice to see those guys improve their equipment.

Keep in mind that we thoroughly demo'd Ground Logic, LT Rich products, the Triumph, and the T3000. So I guess I might throw in my opinion as to what we choose to run everyday in our business ......or maybe not. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

#25 ·
Spoke to Brice at the MN Green Expo today. Looked at his demo's on the floor. Sharp looking ride ons. Short and compact - if you like the articulating PG style you will like this one. Controls seems simple and intuitive. And as stated before, this unit is really sealed up nice with stainless, keeping that fert residue off the guts.

One guy asked how the pump and impeller are run. Brice said ground driven.

I also looked at the Cub XP unit today. $3,900 for the Cub vs. $6200 for this one.
Is this unit that much better than the Cub? Not sure. But I like it a fair bit more than the Cub, even before driving/testing it. Now can a solo guy justify such a purch?

Also, ted was right in stating the big chains don't run ride ons. From my experience using even an old Centri, ride on is the way to go for nearly all lawns, man!
Is't the Cub XP more in your price range and you get a new mechine.

Run this for a while than move up.

Charles Cue

#26 ·

What is your definition of a thoroughly demo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.