new magnum

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by silverscapes, Feb 17, 2008.

1. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

just ordered a new perma green any advice on what i need to due before the season starts ...... should be in this week :usflag:
  2. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Order a spare parts kit. Pick up some pins to replace the one that will break in the impeller shaft (under the fertilizer hopper). Power wash it at least every other day. Replace all belts, idler pullies and cables every year. Have fun this year. I think you will like your new purchase!
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Fill it up with water and try it out on several acres.

Practice in tight area, going around objects etc.

I spend an hour or two just "playing" on mind before I tried the "real stuff".

Great Luck! You will love it!

BTW....just keep it clean and greased and it will last you a very long time!
  4. silverscapes

silverscapes LawnSite Member
    from de

thanks i will get a spare parts kit and rcreech thanks :usflag:
  5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Always make sure the tire tire valves are pointing up if you need to add air. I've heard:rolleyes: that you can let out the water/ anti freeze if it's not.:rolleyes:
  6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Point those air vales on the tires away from you face and wear a face shield. That anti-freeze-in-the-face trick--well experience is the best teacher--but she is a beech.