New Masterchute 400 series OCDC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FERT-TEK, May 28, 2004.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Are any of you guys using this new 400 model? If so can you explain the differences between the 300 series and new 400 series. Are the changes mechanical or cosmetic. I would also like to hear opinions on the new versus old ones if they are different.

2. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have the number for Masterchute? The one on there website is disconnected.

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't help you with masterchute, I like their product though, but it has been mentioned here a lot about less than perfect sevice...their product seems good by most users here.

I can vouch for a company called, qwikchute though, even called me in australia to answer questions! really nice people, and everyone here who has their product loves it.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help...

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I have been holding off on posting a dissapointing experience from using the Masterchute 400 series but here goes....

I bought the 400 series about 6 weeks ago. It got to my home in a couple of days, put it on one morning. Operated it for 2 minutes before I went out on the first lawn for the day. 2 minutes into the first lawn I am trying to use it and it was barely moving, and when it was it would take 10 seconds to close and then I had to pull it up because it would not go up on its own.

The next morning I am out in the garage adjusting it to see if that will help but it did not. So I call Carl from Masterchute and leave him a voice mail. Four hours later I get a voice mail while Im out mowing... Call him back on the number that came up on my phone and get him on the other end. He says that he knows what happened and will get one out to me as soon as they fix the problem with the supplier for that part. I asked him if they have had this problem and he says know, so i'm thinking that I read about this same problem from another LS member a couple weeks before mine happened but I did not call him out on it this time.

Two weeks go by and I call and ask where my part is. He says that the new part is not designed yet. It is now around 6 weeks that I have had a 400 series Masterchute laying on my garage floor.

I think I am going to call him up on Tuesday and tell him to send a call tag for it and give me a refund.

I got a EzChute for my 36 wb and it works nicely. Thinking about ordering one for the Lazer and it cost half as much as the Masterchute does.

Guess the conveinence of the hands free operation of the Masterchute has worn off since it has been on the garage floor for 6 weeks now.

5. TURFBLASTER

TURFBLASTER LawnSite Member

EDITED BY ADMINISTRATION - ADVERTISING NOT PERMITTED AT SITE

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think I'm going to go with an EZchute. First, because it's one of the few that fits my lazer z hp 48". But also because the non-motorized action seems less likely to break over time. I've been having a bad run of luck with stuff breaking in the field and costing me time. Finally, it's about $120 less I believe, almost enough to equip a 2nd mower with one down the line.

Anyone have any feedback on how they operate?