1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Member From Mid TN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RamosMidTn, Oct 18, 2013.

1. RamosMidTn

RamosMidTn LawnSite Member

Hi i'm currently jumping into a new business so I came here to get tips and tricks of the trade I want to thank everyone for the help and if anyone has any inside info please let me know.Currently looking for a trailer, walk behind mower etc.Already have a truck, insurance , business name, and already have a few customers who I have done work for. I'm slowly getting out of the house building business that I got into my high school/college days but have a son now so like the idea I can work the days I wanna work! Well that's a little about me thanks for reading and the help God Bless!

2. Greenday LLC

Greenday LLC LawnSite Member

Welcome RamosMidTn!
    I have just recently moved to the mid Tn. area (Smyrna) no customers yet, but have business name, insurance and all the equipment needed.
    Best place I have found to find the equipment you are looking for is CL. I purchased most of my equipment there and it was only a couple months old at very good prices. I look everyday there to see if there are any deals even thou I have everything I need.
    Good Luck in your search and with the start up of your business.
    GreenDays LLC

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

Definitely check CL for used equipment. I found a great deal on a 36" Scag with a Velke X2. Make sure you get a trailer that is bigger than you think you will need.

4. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome ramos i'm from tn also what part are you in? i'm in rhea county area next to chattanooga. also i have some equipment i may be selling soon so send me a private message and we shall chat ttyl!

5. RamosMidTn

RamosMidTn LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the tips will definitely check out craigslist.Im from Franklin co around the Tims Ford area and I go to church in Murfreesboro. Thanks ch4x0r ill shoot you a message! Glad to see so many great people close by!