1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New member in need of advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harleycaptain, Jun 5, 2011.

1. harleycaptain

harleycaptain LawnSite Member
    from GA

Thank you Sir, I greatly appreciate the advice.
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

For 3500 you can get a John Deere 425 with the bigger deck. My father in law has one and its not a bad machine. Get one from HD and if you don't like it return within 30 days. You'll never go back to a tractor again.
  3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

You're welcome.

I checked the Cub Cadet web site and don't see a 44 inch model. It looks like they discontinued it; only 48 and 54 inch models are currently listed on their site. But I did a search on the 44 and found a page for that too, presumably an older one. It lists the Engine on the 44 as being a 20 HP though, not a 22HP.

Based on the MSRP and the sale prices listed, the price you were quoted appears to be a bargain regardless.

Here are links to both pages.

4. harleycaptain

harleycaptain LawnSite Member
    from GA

Thanks again, this was the only review by someone that actually owns one.
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

6. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

Thank you for servicing our country and welcome home. From a "commercial" stand point Cub is garbage, but if you are just using it to cut your own lawn and at that price, I guess you could make it work. If you want a higher quality machine I would go with the toro titan or john deere 445. That 44" cutting 1.5 acres will take you forever, I would look for at least a 52". Just my 2 cents, good luck.