1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Member Intro

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jhuanger629, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jhuanger629

jhuanger629 LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone,

John here from Southern California and came across lawnsite via a simple google for landscape lighting communities. I'm definitely glad I signed up and look forward to learning and contributing to the community as best I can.

I'm big fan of solar, green technologies and clean/modern design.

Thanks in advance and Happy Friday!

2. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, John. Nice to meet you.
  3. jhuanger629

Thanks Mrs. H for the warm welcome! Hope things are well in Bama!
  4. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi John! Welcome.
  5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

:waving: Welcome to ya John from Indianapolis, Indiana.
    You will just love this site, I know I do. I cant get enough of it.
    There are a lot of nice people on here, and so much info.
    Every one is very willing to share info,experience's etc...
    Well, go have some fun reading, we will chat later.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Thou I'm not so sure if a planet covered in dark panels would be any cooler, I still wish solar systems were considerably more affordable.
    I just don't get but so excited when I have to think in terms of 20 year investments where the warranty expires in 5... :laugh:
  7. jhuanger629

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm definitely learning more each day I'm on the site. Hopefully I can start contributing as well.

I'm a huge fan of solar as well, but the upfront 25k cost is truly a deterrent. However, cities like Berkeley are offering significant incentives and even structuring deals with banks so that you can finance them with a relatively low monthly.
  8. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Apparently, here in Lower AL, we are in prime country to collect some serious power...but you're right, the cost is serious to my pocketbook. But, I can still hope one day.
  9. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

Well let me give you a BIG HOWDY, and i have been learning alot from the lighting threads, who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks.
  10. jhuanger629

Thank you there Jimmy. Haha, solar lighting has definitely come a long way, wayyyy beyond the traditional fixtures you see at costco or home depot!