1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new member needs some advice...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cwroberts, May 21, 2005.

1. cwroberts

cwroberts LawnSite Member

I don't personally own a lawn care business, but I have a PTO sprayer that hooks behind my little tractor, that I do some personal spraying here around the house with. I always have neighbors stoping by complimenting me on my yard, and they want me to spray their yards for them. I understand there is a license that you must have in order to legally do any kind of spraying of herbicide for profit for other people. I have been spraying my own yard for years and I have an idea of what I am doing, so I see this as a little extra pocket money. I live in West Tennessee and if anybody knows what kind of license I need to get and exacly who to talk to, to apply for this license the information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Cody Roberts
  2. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Visit you local University Extension Office and they will give you everything you need to get started.
  3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Call any pest control company and ask where to get a license