New Member To Lawnsite

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Raven, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Raven

Raven LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Hello all! I just joined Lawnsite after many months of reading your posts and thought I'd give you all a brief bio of myself.

Being 45 years old, I may very well be the Grandpa of this forum! I've been in landscaping and lawn care for nearly 20 years, but I still have a lot to learn, so I will be asking questions. I've been in business for myself for 15 of those years. In the past 6 years I have gone from a full-fledged landscaper with 20+ employees to a solo operator. A gradual downsizing by choice. A little less income = a lot less headaches!!!

I only mow three days a week to protect myself from the unpredictable springs and falls of Northeastern Ohio. The rest of my time is filled, or should I say over-filled, doing other lawn maintenance tasks. I also do quite a bit of mulching, install between 10-15 low-voltage lighting systems a year, about 5 patios or decks a year, a few ponds, and maintain lighting systems, irrigation, and ponds.

Did I mention brief at the top of this post? Sorry about that! Thanks to all of you for the knowledge I've gained reading through your posts and I hope I can help some of you in return.

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LS, I've learned so much on here in the past months that it would take years of screwups for me to get to the point I'm at now. You may be older, but I'm a youngin', only 15. ;)

Hank

3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Welcome aboard, Raven! :)

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

You've reached the largest lawn support page out there Raven, any questions you have about a lawn , we have answers!!:)

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome. Low voltage lighting? like lights around drive ways and flower beds? I have thought of installing those at my parents house and was wondering how i would tunnel the wiring under the driveway. any suggestions? it's a circular drive that is blacktopped.

6. Welcome!

I wish I was only 45. But I'm not building hardscapes either.;)
    Glad to have you aboard.

Dave

7. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome, sounds like we will be learning alot from you too.

8. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

Sounds to me with 20 years of experience you probably had a chance to get all the bugs worked out by now, so most likely a lot of us will be asking you about some experiences. You have wisdom on your side......:cool:

9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

welcome to lawnsite, u have come to the best place to learn and share.

10. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Welcome