1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New member to this group

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steppenwolf, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Just started reading this lawnsite.Lots of interesting posts about cutomers, lawn equiptment,what should I charge,do I cut on Sat and Sun.,how do I get new customers,what should I charge...all legit questions....how to grow your business seems to be a major topic in round about questions.My thoughts are( kick me into cyper space if you want) Always do a good job,cut,trim and blow everything,do the job the same day of the week,keep a schedule,put your company name on the truck with the phone number,don't have anyone one just standing around the truck smoking a cigarrete not doing anything or smoking while mowing etc. Keep the Mega Death t shirts at home,get a light colored t-shirt with the company name,logo,what ever on it. Uniforms are fine for the big boys but don't over do it,we are just smaller company's...I'm guessing. If a customer has a question make sure he goes to the one in charge.Bill once a month,saves time and money. Could go on but this is my first offical post...thanks for listening...............
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sounds like you have it pretty well figured.
    Welcome to the show,sit down relax and enjoy!
  3. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to LS. It does help to get info from all kinds of different LCO's.
  4. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

NO doubt, you will learn something here......
  5. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Use the search feature a wee bit too........
  6. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome aboard wolf no more free time this site will take care of that.
  7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to LawnSite, have fun and enjoy.
  8. Steppenwolf

GEEEEZZZZ make one post and I am getting more replys than cicadas on my neck and face :)
  9. Steppenwolf

Thanks for the replys, will try to enjoy the site and maybe help some one and learn a few things.Utah,my favorite state,the High Unitahs( spell check) Maryland,Cumberland lots of train action.
  10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well you will learn something here. I did. You probably also will teach somebody else something.

Well I see your a train buff. I collect S gauge trains. 1946 to 1960 model year American flyer. My collection between my father and I is over $25,000. (Most of thats is his, like $22,000 of it) I am over in Mt. Airy, MD. The B&O used to run right through here. When its not spring, and its slowed down a little. You can find me at the Mt. Airy train depot (train shop) on every saturday.