Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by z-best, Feb 13, 2005.

1. z-best

z-best LawnSite Member

I would like to introduce myself as a newbie.
    Been lurking about a year now and finally took the plunge. Been in business about a year and a half now.

I own a pest control and lawncare company. I am a Solo operator and will remain so until I hit that bump in the road to maximize my client base to its full potential. I love this board and all the knowledge shared here. Looking forward to any help I can give.

I do have 24 years experience in the pest control industry.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to LawnSite......... :waving:
  3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome aboard. :waving:
  4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome. I am curious I would think the pest business would be quite lucrative, why mow? Too stinky?
  5. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Aboard! Watch for some of these guys, their not working this time of year and a few get drunk and depressed and get on this fourm and all hell breaks out!
  6. z-best

z-best LawnSite Member

Im tying my lawn service and my pest services as a dual package. Of course grass is weekly and my pest service is quarterly.

Client can either choose dual usership or seperate services. I was going to get out of the lawncare, but it is in my blood (green) after one year.

Only have 20 residential mow, trim, and blow accts, but want to max it out at about 35 weekly accts.

7. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Z-best, welcome to the site. This will be the best and least expensive investment you can make in your business.
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome to lawnsite :waving:
  9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome Z-best.

I too am in Dayton. I wish you luck in the lawn care arena.

I only do applications now but I did full service lawn and landscape maintenance for 10 years prior to going fert & squirt only.

Let me know if you need anything. I will be happy to help.

Discovery Lawn