"New" Members dissin' LS community

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Sep 22, 2004.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know that I really have room to vent on this issue, but I'm taking the liberty anyway.....

Although labeled a "Senior Member" I don't consider myself one by any means. I am a student of the lawn care industry and still learn more from LS than I am able to return. The members who have thousands of posts, whom I affectionately refer to as the 'old timers', are a valuable resource on this forum and to whom I direct this question. How do you keep your patients with some of the "New Members" who join here?!?!?!?

I know that just ignoring the rude, obnoxious, uninformed, stupid, crazy, worthless, or just plain ignorant posts would be my best course of action, but I find it hard. Some of these "new" guys come on here and presume to know everything and proceed to bash or insult senior members. I'm not referring to posts asking questions that could have been answered by using the 'search' function. It's the blatant, off-the-wall, disrespectful garbage posted by some of the newest members. Has it always been this way?

Although LS is a site for EVERYONE, they are still a guest in the LS "house". They need to learn some manners!!

Sorry, just had to let off some steam......

Brian

65hoss likes this.
  2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Well said Brian!

Like you, I'm here to learn and be entertained, but also know about the issue you have bought up, some newbies are very arrogant and just love to stir and not try to appreciate others time and knowledge.

good thread mate! :drinkup:

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

It's not just new folks....

There's some putz from Jersey that has been hangin' around here for quite some time. :p

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

battags, one of the joys of being an oldtimer is a short memory. The new guys spout off and we forget about it pretty quick. But not to worry they will quickly remind us how stupid we are and how they invented everything and the best way to do it too. darn what was I talking about again?
    I just skip over most of those posts.

65hoss likes this.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup.............

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I get my revenge when i see them selling all there craftsman crap on ebay :laugh: . Its to hot sooooooo dusty :laugh: The only thing or equipment needed in there new job is a microphone and the ability to say DO YOU WANT TO SUPER SIZE THAT :laugh:

John :p

battags likes this.
  7. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Join date and # of posts does not equate to good advise. Some of the worst advise I've ever seen came from some of the Millenium members ! :dizzy:

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

As stated before, most of the problem people go away soon enough and we forget all about them. For the most part its been this way since the beginning. Especially over the winter months. You learn to pick your fights and stay out of the rest. Arguing with a fool, makes you both a fool.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

when I joined this forum, it was the established members that had no respect for the new guys.

and this is of course excepting a few. ERIC ELM was a good example.

GEO

10. environment

environment LawnSite Member

most of the time youth and arrogance play in the same hand, as does stupidity. Im still only 21, very stupid sometimes, I dont consider myself disrespectfull but Im sure Ive done and said stupid things before. Some of the problems I think is simply that people come on the site just to play, and although this is a fun site, it truly is centered around education, and I think it should be treated that way.