New Metro 26??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigcutup, Mar 31, 2006.

1. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys tried the 06 version of the Exmark Metro 26 yet, & if so, how is it? Have they improved it any with the new model year with all the updates they had on it? I know what the local dealer says, but he wants to sell em.
    Thanks
    bigcutup

2. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

No one has tried the Metro 26 for the new model year?

3. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't.........

4. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

seems like some good changes have happened on it

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I tried to get one last July but nobody knew when they would get anymore. Talked to the dealer, nothing.:confused: Talked to the distributor, nothing.:confused: Finally sent Exmark an e-mail. When they replied, it was going to be at least two months before the next "batch" rolled out of production. This was already JULY! No more 26's until late August or September??!! Then I started hearing all the complaints hear on lawnsite.

Well, I went down to Lowe's and picked up a Husqvarna 21". Not a bad little machine. Honda 5.5hp self-propelled with ball-bearing wheels. I guess it all worked out for the best.

But get this: Got a voicemail from the Exmark dealer last week. They said they just got some 26's in and would hold one for me a few days. I just laughed as I hit the "delete" button. :laugh:

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I seem it at the lastest dealer sale......it is a monster in weight. I think I would get a Scag 32" before trying to deal with turning this unit.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think that the reputation of the 26" has been pretty much ruined with the first batch, pretty much everyone who bought one last year, said it sucked, and everyone else heard this and took note of it. I think it will take a good bit of time before people start trying it again....just my .02

8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know who much the 21 and the 26in are from exmark? I'm in need of replacing mine and wanted to see how exmark were. Are they anything like the commercial toro's they had a few years back?

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Toro commercial 21", and Exmark 21" are the same mower, with different decals. They go for about $1000.00 here.
    The Exmark 26 will not sell well after last years fiasco. It will probably be a couple of years before most folks are willing to give it a try. Exmark probably needs to give each dealer a free demo 26" machine to let potential customers try. That is about the only way anyone with half a brain would buy one now.

10. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks mower man. I love my toro but it time to replace it with a new one.