New MFT Owner

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by markestef, Feb 13, 2008.

1. markestef

markestef LawnSite Member

I am a new MFT 42/17 owner as of yesterday. I am a residential mower of 1.2 acres of bermuda grass in central North Carolina. This forum was of great help as I decided which ZT to purchase. I look forward to getting plenty of great tips from this site. Mowing season is just around the corner(as long as we can get some rain).

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new ride !!!
    And welcome to our big happy family !!!
    You will love the new mower, post up some pics of it and your lawn once you get to using it.

Pj

3. markestef

markestef LawnSite Member

Put my new 42" MFT to work for the first time yesterday. Wow, what a sweet machine! The yard was a bit ratty looking as I was negligent with the pre-emergent last fall. I set the deck at 1.5". My last mowing, with an older model 38" Sabre tractor, had been at about 3" so there was a fair amount to cut. The MFT cut great leaving a nice smooth lawn. I have numerous trees and obstacles but won't need my weed whacker as the ZT took care of everything. I'll try to post some pics once the bermuda greens up. :drinkup:

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds great!
    Post those pictures if and when you can.

Pj