New mini excavator

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Aug 21, 2010.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Zab gave you the right answer. Those chains will stop it from going forward or backwards but they are stretched out to far to help with the side to side movement.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Incorrect as long as the chains on the back are doing their job because if the machine can't come forward then it can't go sideways because that would require one of the chains to lengthen on the front. :rolleyes:

And Jr it depends on the machine trailer and truck on which is the best way to haul it :weightlifter:

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I just wanted some kind of answer!

And thats why I said tag trailer.. especially a tag trailer behind a pick up.

A pic of chris's F250 with the yanmar or takkie behind it is a perfect example of how well you can balance a machine on a tag trailer behind a truck..

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

And the boom has to go FORWARD!:laugh:

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

backwards and some part of your truck would be off the ground. :laugh: :laugh:

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

No I Don't agree, the chains in the front don't have enough side to side pull. The chains in the back could be tight as piss and pulling side to side great but the front of the machine could still move and the back stay in the same place. Gravel rat will be along shortly to explain in great detail what I'm trying to say I'm sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Where in Idaho did you buy it?

8. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Gravel who? you mean people still read his dribble:laugh: Its not a matter of what you beleive its a simple matter of geometry. A chain acts like a pendulum so for the chain to move sideways it would have to move forward plain and simple. *trucewhiteflag*

9. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Saved 30k?? That sounds crazy! Arent they worth like 65k new? Thats close to half!

10. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Who cares about the chains.. its didn't fall off did it?

I'm mean heck you could have been like junior and put some straps on it:laugh: