1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Mini Pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Jun 18, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Cat C304CR...
    Sorry if too many pic's...demoing the 272C in a day or two...:cool2:

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

nice machine.......what will you be doing?
  3. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is one sharp Cat. When and if I ever have enough business, Cat is the first on my list, then Deere, Case/kobelco. But starting out and as high as they cost I may just by some cheaper foreign brand to start until I get enough business to keep it busy and then step up to one of the big boy brands. Nothing wrong with the foreign brands I guess. Im just more into the traditional brands I guess. I like the looks of the Volvo's and I here Kubota and Takeuchi is good.
  4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Deere's are foreign also (Hitachi). Looks like the foreign companies make something for almost all brands anymore. I imagine the Cat cost more than the rest. That would be the only reason I would not buy the Cat. Cat is at the top of my list.
  5. qps

from Indy

Whatever I can:laugh:
    It has the new angle blade, thumb control on the right hand pilot and boom shift on the left hand pilot, no foot controls except to steer...someone here stated once that a thumb was one of the best purchases ( maybe Shane KSSS ) and I would have to agree, its amazing how much easier it makes of lifting and moving objects.....report on the C series skidsteer to follow this week.....

6. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

where is that cat made? affiliated with another brand?
    doesnt cat build some of their smaller excavators in japan?
  7. qps

from Indy

I believe all mini's are made oversea's...this one came over on a slow boat from china.....long story:hammerhead:
  8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good. I almost bought one of those but got cold feet! Could use one though. I will have excavator sub #1 at one job this week then another excavator at another job.
  9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Tim, you suck lol. I got a chance to demo a regular 305 and then I got a chance to sit in a 303C CR at a hard scape show here in NJ and I wanted to order a new C right on the spot just because of the cab and new control layout even though I currently have no use for a mini ex. Good luck and enjoy.

10. qps

from Indy

Yeah, there no comparsion in the digging power IMO...it's got a quick coupler 12/24/36 buckets, also...a/c am/fm/cd