1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Mini-Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Perry1961, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Perry1961

Perry1961 LawnSite Member

Just got a mini-z. My first ZTR. Had a blast cutting neighbors yards this afternoon. The motor died several times after dismount. Is this a safety feature? Also,the dealer will be installing the mulch kit when it arrives. Will the fusion blades have to be changed or adjusted? Great forum btw. It convinced me to pass on the exmark and wait for the hustler. Dealer sells both,but was an obvious hustler fan. You guys must be doing something right...
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Is the PTO on or the levers not in the park position when the engine dies? if the pto is off and the levers are out, the engine should not die.
    As far as mulching goes, I would go with the wavy mulching blades with the mulch kit.

3. Perry1961

Perry1961 LawnSite Member

Yes,I was forgetting to disengage the PTO. Cut a yard yesterday,and the guy wanted the grass low. Lowered the deck all the way,and the mini cruised around the yard effortlessly. The guy told me he had to make several cuts with his rider to get down that low. Can only hope it mulches half as well. Many yards around here haven't been cut since Katrina. Thanks PJ...