New Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jeff Laughhunn, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Jeff Laughhunn

Jeff Laughhunn LawnSite Member

Just wondering anyone else's thoughts on this: When the new 36" and 42" Minis come out (msrp $5500); why would anyone even look at the Fastrak 44" model at the same price?

2. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

For one, the 44" fastrack is bigger and wider wheel base. I love it! 42" was too small for my hills. I didnt play 5500 either!

Mike

3. Seeg

Seeg LawnSite Member

Four year warranty for homeowners, a wider frame for more stability on hills, and the name Honda for a motor grabs more attention on the consumer side. From looking at the pictures, it looks like the frame is the same as a Mini-Fastrack, only difference may be better pumps and Kawasaki motor.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Both of the above posts have some good reasons in them.
    The frame on the Mini Z 36 and 42 inch models is similar in design, but the metal used is thicker, thus it is a stronger frame.
    Regardless, the frame on both models have lifetime warranties.

Pj

5. mike28nc

mike28nc LawnSite Member

PJ

The 44" has the thicker metal. Not 42"?

Mike

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I was actually thinking of the Mini FasTrak 36 / 42 in comparison to the Mini Z 36 / 42
    But......
    Here are the facts......
    The Mini FasTrak 36 /42 and FasTrak 44 /52 tractor frames are made of 1 1/2" tubing 1/8" thick.
    The Mini Z 36 /42 tractor frames are made of 1 1/2" tubing 3/16" thick.